There are only 54 days left until the Arizona Cardinals kick off the 2016 regular season against the New England Patriots.
In honor there only being 54 days remaining, let's take a look at some stats throughout Cardinals history involving 54 and also look at some of the men who have worn the 54 when with the Cardinals.
- There are two players in Cardinals history who stand above the rest when it comes to wearning 54, and they are E.J. Junior, a linebacker with the Cardinals from 1981 to 1988. He made two Pro Bowls and one All Pro team in his time with the Cardinals.
- The other is Tom Banks, who wore 54 from 1971-1980 and was a four time Pro Bowler and one time All Pro. Dwight Freeney was the last Cardinals player to wear 54, but there have been some studs who have put it on before.
- Drew Stanton's career completion rate with the Arizona Cardinals is 54% for 1815 yards seven touchdowns and seven interceptions.
- In 1956, Johnny Olszewski rushed for 54.4 yards per game for the Cardinals.
- Ottis Anderson, Larry Centers, Early Doucet, and Frank Sanders all had seasons where they had 54 receptions. It is a popular amount amongst Cardinals players.