With only seven weeks until the Arizona Cardinals kickoff the 2016 season, it is time to take a look at some of the stats involving the number 49 and also take a look at some of the players who have worn the number 49 in Cardinals history.
Let's take a look.
- Jimmy Burson was the best to ever wear 49 for the Cardinals. He played cornerback from 1963 to 1967.
- Rashad Johnson was the last player to wear 49 for the Cardinals, he wore it from his rookie season in 2009 until 2012. What number did he wear after he switched?
- In 25 career games in Arizona, Steve Beuerlein was sacked 49 times. Shockingly that is only the 10th most in Cardinals history. Beuerlein is also 11th all time in touchdown passes, so he was consistent?
- John Grigas averaged 49.6 yards rushing per game in his Cardinals career.
- Ernie Jones averaged 49 yards per game receiving in his Cardinals career.
- Bryant Johnson's career high in receptions was 49 in 2004. He only scored one touchdown in that season. That was a great pick (end sarcasm).
Any more 49's to talk about?