There are only 66 days left until the Arizona Cardinals open the season against the New England Patriots, and with that comes a bevy of stats and former players wearing number 66.
What are some of stats and who are some of the players with 66?
- Conrad Dobler was a three time Pro Bowler at right guard with the Cardinals. He is the best player to ever put on the 66 for the Cardinals.
- Alan Faneca wore 66 his one year in Arizona, he was okay. He was fantastic in Pittsburgh.
- Alameda Ta'amu was the last Arizona Cardinals player to wear 66. I thought for sure he was going to be an excellent player, but injuries and the fact he had some off field demons never allowed him to be the player I thought he could be.
- Garrison Hearst in 1995 averaged 66.9 yards per game and Johnny Johnson in 1990 averaged 66.1 yards per game. Johnson was a rookie and made the Pro Bowl. He was never as good the rest of his career.
- Roy Green is second all time in Cardinals history in receiving touchdowns with 66. Fitzgerald is first by a wide margin with 98.
- Three Cardinals averaged 66 yards per game in their careers with the team, David Boston (66.8), Rob Moore (66.4) and John Gilliam (66.3). These are the players that also hold the 4-6 slots in career yards per game receiving in Cardinals history.
- Freddie Joe Nunn collected 66.5 career sacks with the Cardinals. It has been a while since a stat on defense showed up, but that's because there is not a ton of historically great numbers on the defense... Yet.