The day before the Red and White Practice you expect a little bit of a pullback by the team, but it seemed more like a lost practice at times, as the offenses struggled to make things work.
Here are some notes from the practice.
- Bruce Arians stopped practice and gathered the whole team at one point. That is only done to end practice, this was not the end of practice. You do the math.
That was interesting. Arians just called the whole team together, which is usually a sign practice is over...it's not #CardsCamp— Craig Grialou (@CraigAZSports) August 5, 2016
- Earl Watford’s ascension continues, he took reps at starting center in 7 on 7.
As Cardinals switch to 7-on-7 red zone work, Earl Watford is the first-team center. #CardsCamp— Adam Green (@theAdamGreen) August 5, 2016
- Tristan Okpalaugo did not practice, which is disappointing, but hopefully it is nothing major and he’s ready to go by Oakland.
CB Asa Jackson left early in practice. LB Tristan Okpalaugo not in pads, watching from side. #CardsCamp— Kyle Odegard (@Kyle_Odegard) August 5, 2016
- Evan Mathis continues to have issues staying on the field the entire practice.
Also see that Mathis isn't on the field for first-team, end-of-game situation; its McClain at RG #CardsCamp— Craig Grialou (@CraigAZSports) August 5, 2016
- Today was not a good day on offense, but the defense played well.
Awful performance by 1st, 2nd offense. 19 seconds left, own 40. 2 penalties by starting oline. Interception by Stanton.— Kent Somers (@kentsomers) August 5, 2016
CB Cariel Brooks, who has flashed some in #CardsCamp, picked off Drew Stanton. QB/WR didn't appear to be on same page.— Adam Green (@theAdamGreen) August 5, 2016
Franky Okafor drew some raves today with his diving catches, it is good to see the Arizona Cardinals coaching up wide receivers no matter when or where they come from.
Anything else from today?