The Arizona Cardinals open up against the New England Patriots tonight in the primetime slot on the schedule.
In what many are calling a Super Bowl 51 preview, the New England Patriots will be without Tom Brady, so we will not get the full effect.
However, there are several players within statistical milestones and some good odds and ends to know heading into the Arizona Cardinals season opener.
· Larry Fitzgerald needs one touchdown reception to tie Hall of Fame wide receiver Don Hutson for tenth on the all-time TD reception list. If Fitzgerald catches two touchdowns, he will become one of ten players all-time with 100 or more receiving touchdowns.
· Fitzgerald only needs 17 yards receiving to pass Torry Holt for 14th on the all time receiving yards list.
· Fitzgerald has 179 consecutive games with a reception.
· Carson Palmer needs 204 yards passing to pass Johnny Unitas for 17th place on the all time passing yards list.
· Carson Palmer needs three touchdown passes to pass Dave Krieg and move into 15th on the all time touchdown passes thrown list.
· John Brown has a receiving touchdown in every regular season opener in his career, can he continue the streak?
· Bruce Arians is 11-2 against the AFC in his Cardinals coaching tenure.
· Sunday’s game will be Arizona’s fourth appearance on Sunday Night Football in their last nine games. The Cardinals are 3-0 in those games.
Here is to all the Cardinals reaching their milestones in a victory!