Hey Bird Gang!
Playoff time is here!
Even though we don’t have a horse in the race, we still watch the games, and we still have to eat, right?
So, who is going to prevail from the Wildcard race (Go Lions) and slide into to the next round?
Sliding to the next round
- 1/2 pound 87 % lean ground beef or ground chuck
- 1/2 pound ground chorizo sausage
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Sriracha sauce ( or hot sauce of your choosing)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (or salad dressing)
- 2 avocado
- 1 tomato sliced thin
- Jack cheese sliced 1/8"
- slider buns
- 2 jalapeno sliced
Mix ground beef, sausage, cumin, chili powder, garlic salt and pepper together.
Form 8 balls of the mixture and pat into slider size burgers
In a small bowl, combine Sriracha sauce and mayonnaise and put in fridge.
The Game Plan
Heat the grill to Medium High
Grill sliders on first side 3 to 5 minutes, (after a min or so add the cheese if desired)
Flip the burgers and after a min or so add the cheese if desired) cook another 3 to 4 minutes until desired doneness and cheese is melted.
Remove patties from grill and assemble burgers.
Add sliced avocado, tomato, jalapenos and Sriracha mayonnaise
- 6 large russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp chopped basil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly oil a large baking sheet or line with foil and set aside.
- Wash and dry potatoes
- Nukrowave the potatoes for 15 min then turn them over. Nuke for an additional 10 min flip and continue process until slightly tender to the touch.
- Remove and let them cool about 30-45 min
- When cooled slice the spuds lengthwise into thick wedges (thirds or quarters depending on size) each potato into 6-8 wedges.
- Brush all sides of the wedges with olive oil and place on sheet pan in a single layer.
- Bake until potatoes golden brown and crispy.
- Place in a large bowl and sprinkle with cheese and spices. Gently toss until all are covered.
- Serve with the blue cheese, ranch or plain ole sour cream as a dipping sauce.
Grab a Beer, Enjoy the games, and always