A look at the Arizona Cardinals and Tampa Bay Buccaneers on paper.
PTS FOR: AZ (16.2--28th); TB (21.3--17th)
PASS: AZ (289.0--2nd); TB (288--3rd)
RUSH: AZ (51.8--32nd); TB: (86.0-27th)
PTS AGAINST: AZ (25.0-27th); TB: (20.8--14th)
PFF Player Grades Comparisons:
QB: AZ Palmer (74.8); TB Winston (82.1)
RB: AZ Ellington (66.4); TB Rodgers (57.4)
WR: AZ Fitzgerald (80.1); TB Jackson (86.2)
WR: AZ Jaron Brown (73.6); TB Evans (79.6)
WR: AZ John Brown (68.6); TB Goodwin (70.6)
TE: AZ Gresham (37.9); TB Brate (78.8)
TE: AZ Niklas (43.0); TB Howard (45.8)
LT: AZ Humphries (67.4); TB Smith (46.5)
LG: AZ Boone (54.2); TB Pamphile (48.1)
C: AZ Shipley (47.3); TB Marpet (71.3)
RG: AZ Boehm (44.0): TB Sweezy (44.9)
RT: AZ Wetzel (37.8); TB Dotson (86.5)
DT: AZ Williams (80.1); TB McCoy (91.2)
DT: AZ Rucker (48.4); TB McDonald (74.6)
DE: AZ Jones (88.4); TB Ayers (86.3)
DE: AZ Mauro (52.1); TB Spence (63.5)
LB: AZ Dansby (42.9); TB Beckwith (80.3)
LB: AZ Bucannon (29.8); TB Glanton (59.0)
LB: AZ Reddick (46.7); TB Alexander (82.4)
CB: AZ Peterson (77.5); TB Grimes (82.7)
CB: AZ Bethel (44.7); TB Hargreaves (42.2)
S: AZ: Mathieu 43.9); TB Tandy (46.5)
S: AZ: Branch (88.4); TB Conte (43.4)
K AZ Dawson (9/13 FG, 6/6 XPT); TB Folk (6/11 FG, 7/9 XPT)
P AZ Lee (47.4 ave., 37.8 net); TB Anger (45.8 ave., 42.2 net)
KR AZ Williams (19.5 ave.); TB Reedy (22.0 ave.)
PR AZ Williams (3.4 ave.); TB Reedy (10.2 ave.)
What the Cardinals Need To Do:
* Double Team DT McCoy and contain DEs Ayers and Spence (keep them honest with hard counts, chips, screens and draws).
* Pick on the Bucs' DBs, particularly off play-action.
* Cover WR Jackson (Peterson), WR Evans (Bethel + FS help), TE Brate (Branch), TE Howard (Reddick).
* Hammer the ball between the tackles, double team McCoy, control the clock.
* Win this week (for once) on STs. No big returns for Reedy (who will think he's going to have a big day).
* Light up Winston!
Two pass oriented offenses...which one can outscore the other?