Alrighty then it’s Draft Day.
Well, let’s get right down to it.
Here are my final predictions for the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft, and there’s a shakeup at the top, and as a result I was curious what the outcome would be, so let’s take a look:
- Browns: Myles Garrett, DE
- Niners: Solomon Thomas, DE
- Bears: Jamal Adams, S
- Jaguars: Leonard Fournette, RB
- Titans: Marshon Lattimore, CB
- Browns (trade with Jets): Mitch Trubisky, QB
- San Diego Chargers: Jon Allen, DE
- Carolina Panthers: Christian McCaffrey, RB
- Cincinnati Bengals: Haason Reddick
- Buffalo Bills: OJ Howard, TE
- New Orleans Saints: Derek Barnett, DE
- Tennessee Titans: Malik Hooker, S
- Arizona Cardinals: Patrick Mahomes, QB
- Philadelphia Eagles: John Ross, WR
- Indianapolis Colts: Charles Harris, DE/OLB
- Baltimore Ravens: Mike Williams, WR
- Washington Redskins: TJ Watt, OLB
- Tennessee Titans: David Njoku, TE
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Rueben Foster, LB
- Denver Broncos: Forrest Lamp, OG
- Detroit Lions: Takkarist McKinley, LB
- Miami Dolphins: Kevin King, CB
- Kansas City Chiefs (trade with Giants): Deshaun Watson, QB
- Oakland Raiders: Jarrad Davis, LB
- Houston Texans: Obi Melifonwu, S
- Seattle Seahawks: Ryan Ramzyck, OT
- New York Giants (trade with Chiefs): Garrett Bolles, OT
- Dallas Cowboys: Obi Melifonwu, S
- Green Bay Packers: Marlon Humphrey, CB
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Jordan Willis, DE
- Atlanta Falcons: Derek Rivers, DE
- Chicago Bears (trade with Saints): Davis Webb, QB
Somewhat shocking with 4 quarterbacks going in the first round, but considering that 5th-year option, team desperation AND teams looking to develop a quarterback behind an aging or underperforming starter, I think it’s certainly possible.
I have Arizona attempting to trade down, but being unable, and taking Patrick Mahomes. They’d prefer to pick up some extra picks or move up for him if they could, but with neither option available and the top 5 defensive players off the board, I could see him being the pick tonight.
Your thoughts? Sound off in the comments and we’ll all know by tomorrow!
You can follow @blakemurphy7 on Twitter.