The Arizona Cardinals have had quite a few talented players in their franchise history, but few if any are on the same level as Larry Fitzgerald.
Gil Brandt, longtime NFL personnel man and now NFL.com writer is going through his personal list of greatest players ever at each position.
Yesterday was his list of greatest wide receivers in NFL history, and Larry Fitzgerald found himself at seven on the all-time list, with these stats:
Arizona Cardinals, 2004-present
» Voted to 10 Pro Bowls, First Team All-Pro one time
» Started 200 of 202 NFL games
» Holds NFL record of four consecutive playoff games with at least 100 yards receiving.
» No. 3 on the all-time receptions list with 1,125
Fitzgerald was the third overall pick in 2004 and has proven more than worthy. He is the Arizona Cardinals franchise leader in every major statistical category in Cardinals history.
What he means to the franchise and the state of Arizona cannot be written in a singular post.
Fitzgerald ranking seventh shows just how special he has been, who ranked ahead of him:
6. Bob Hayes, WR Dallas Cowboy
5. Marvin Harrison, WR Indianapolis Colts
4. Terrell Owens, WR San Francisco 49ers, Philadelphia Eagles, Dallas Cowboys, Buffalo Bills, Cincinnati Bengals
3. Randy Moss, WR Minnesota Vikings, Oakland Raiders, New England Patriots, Tennessee Titans, San Francisco 49ers
2. Don Hutson, Green Bay Packers
1. Jerry Rice, WR San Francisco 49ers, Oakland Raiders, Seattle Seahawks
What do you think?