Hello Revenge of the Birds community! In a new article series we'll be taking data that is Arizona Cardinals focused and create visual information that we hope can spur interesting discussion and debates.
This week we focus on how many miles the Arizona Cardinals will travel during the regular season and the number of wins per season since 2008. During the 2017 season the Cardinals will accrue the second highest number of miles with 30,414, with only the Oakland Raiders traveling more miles with 32,876 miles. This is in part due to the upcoming international game in London.
Please note this data does not include miles traveled for post-season games.
A few key items to consider when viewing the data:
1) Ken Whisenhunt was the Arizona Cardinals head coach in 2008 through 2012.
2) Bruce Arians took over as head coach in 2013.
3) Kurt Warner retired following the 2009 season.
4) Carson Palmer was traded to the Arizona Cardinals from the Oakland Raiders before the 2013 season.
5) The 2017 season will be the highest number of miles the Cardinals have traveled since the 2009 season when they traveled 24,968 miles (5,446 difference).
What information did you gain from this? Did anything stand out to you?
Was this interesting? Are there any data that you think would make an interesting infographic?
Feel free to comment below!