1. Carson Palmer vs. Matthew Stafford. Battle of #1 picks.
Palmer: 11/14/161/3-0 td-int/2 sacks/93.0 qbr
Stafford: 20/32/188/1-3 td-int/1 sack/42.2
Stafford was benched in the second half and Dan Orlovski went 21/38/191/1-1 td-int/63.0 qbr.
The Lions out gained the Cardinals 435-345 and had 29 1st downs to the Cardinals' 15.
2. David Johnson vs. Ameer Abdullah.
Will Abdullah be highly motivated to remind Steve Keim why he was the Cardinals' first choice in the 2nd round of the 2015 draft (as documented on All or Nothing)? In the 10/11/15 game Johnson rushed 3/6/2 TDs, Abdullah rushed 6/16/0 TDs, 2 fumbles, 1 lost.
3. Andre Ellington vs. Theo Riddick. Scat backs who played well on 10/11/15.
Ellington: 3/36/21.0 ypr/1 TD (rushing)Riddick: 10/53/5.3 ypc/1 TD (receiving)
4. Haason Reddick vs. Jarrad Davis. Battle of 2017 1st round picks. Reddick #13, Davis #21.
Both rookies are starting and both have shown flashes of impressive range and athleticism.
5. Larry Fitzgerald vs. Darius Slay. The Cardinals' go-to WR versus the Lions' shutdown CB.
Slay combatted Fitzgerald hard the last time they played. Fitzgerald was targeted 7 times and caught 5/58/11.6/1 TD. Slay had 2 tackles and 1 pass defended.
The two engaged in talks throughout the game, with Fitzgerald advising Slay of how he knew what coverages they were in --- and advising Slay to hit high, not low.
Slay called Fitzgerald the consummate professional and said he appreciated the advice.
6. John Brown vs. Golden Tate. Speedy WRs square off.
On 10/11/15, Brown was targeted 4 times and caught 4/73/18.3/1 TD. Tate was targeted 18 times and caught 8/74/9.3/0 TD.
Who wins the matchups?