As the mock drafts begin to roll in, the account of who the Arizona Cardinals take is extremely interesting to follow.
The Cardinals sit with the 15th pick in the 2018 NFL Draft and the question is simply… Will a quarterback be available at their pick?
In Dan Kadar’s newest mock draft, the answer is simply no.
Kadar has the first 14 picks like this.
- Cleveland Browns - Sam Darnold
- New York Giants - Josh Rosen
- Indianapolis Colts - Bradley Chubb
- Cleveland Browns - Saquon Barkley
- Denver Broncos - Baker Mayfield
- New York Jets - Lamar Jackson
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Quenton Nelson
- Chicago Bears - Roquan Smith
- San Francisco 49ers - Calvin Ridley
- Oakland Raiders - Minkah Fitzpatrick
- Miami Dolphins - Derwin James
- Cincinnati Bengals - Mike McGlinchey
- Washington Redskins - Josh Allen
- Green Bay Packers - Arden Key
That leaves the Cardinals with:
15. Arizona Cardinals: Connor Williams, OT, TexasSitting at No. 15 overall and behind several teams that need a quarterback, the Cardinals have to be patiently waiting to see what decision Drew Lock of Missouri will make. If he goes back and the draft plays out in this fashion, the Cardinals may be in trouble following Carson Palmer’s retirement. Mason Rudolph of Oklahoma State doesn’t seem like a first-round player, and no one else is even in the discussion.
Williams was a candidate to be the first pick in the draft before an injury cost him most of his season for Texas. However, if he is healthy and test well, I’d be shocked if he is available at 15, but would also be 100% okay, if he tests well, to see Williams as the 15th pick and invest in the offensive line for the foreseeable future.
It’s not sexy, but in this draft, with a new head coach, it is the foundation you need.
Of course, who plays quarterback?