Happy Wednesday night one and all.
That means, we have 13 long weeks to go to figure out the Nick Bosa versus Ed Oliver debate, if we get there.
However, let’s take a quick run through of what’s going on with the Cardinals and RotB.
Our extremely talented writer, Karan Gill has had to step down. Karan was doing the Lord’s work of film breakdown, but he was gobbled up by a larger site who had an opportunity through school for him. I still heavily recommend following along with Karan in his career, he is a bright young man and fantastic football mind.
The Sam Bradford debacle was one that should have been avoided, and it falls on the coaching staff for allowing it to take place for three weeks, I’ll expand on this later on this season, but the gist: If a player is coming off a lost season, has no rapport within a team and has never worked with a staff, you should make him play as much as possible, not as little as possible.
The evil of Mike McCoy’s offense continues to haunt talented players. Remember, one of the biggest knocks on McCoy in Denver was the volume and complexity of his playbook. It has reared its ugly head in Arizona, stumping talent like David Johnson, as well as the young receivers. Old school coaches really seem to struggle with this.
The move back to Andre Smith is one to watch. If you like PFF grades, no offensive lineman has been better for AZ than John Wetzel.
Robert Nkemdiche has been a revelation in 2018. For all the problems of the first four weeks of the Steve Wilks era, Diche, Patrick Peterson and Josh Bynes have grasped the concepts of the defense and flourished.
Wide receivers that could make sense at the top of round two for the Cardinals in 2019 that I have watched:
- N’Keal Harry, ASU
- Anthony Johnson, Buffalo
- J.J. Arcega-Whiteside, Stanford
- The rain has been lovely the last couple of days, but it better clear up because it is finally football season for my boys on Saturday.
- Chad Williams work with Josh Rosen is one of the most important and underrated storylines of the rest of 2018.
- You know the Suns are back in the news when there are arguments on The Twitter about whether he had a double/double. Hope that carries into the season.
- The best football game of the season is going to be the Chiefs at the Rams on Monday Night Football on 11/19. There is not a single game I am more looking forward to this season.
Enjoy your night everyone.