With the 2018 NFL season all but lost, sure the Cardinals could go on a miraculous run to finish up 8-8, we now have an eye towards the 2019 NFL Draft.
That’s because, the Cardinals could be in control of the 2019 NFL Draft.
They now sit, after their embarrassing home loss to the Oakland Raiders, with the second pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.
- San Francisco 49ers (2-8) Strength of Schedule (SOS): .506
- Arizona Cardinals (2-8) SOS: .531
- Oakland Raiders (2-8) SOS: .556
- New York Jets (3-7) SOS: .491
- New York Giants (3-7) SOS: .506
- Buffalo Bills (3-7) SOS: .519
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-7) SOS: .538
- Jacksonville Jaguars (3-7) SOS: .541
- Cleveland Browns (3-6-1) SOS: 556
- Detroit Lions (4-6) SOS: .506
That’s the top ten right now and how close things are in this year. The haves are really good, but from 23 (the Washington Redskins) to 14 (the Green Bay Packers), there is a jumble of teams with similar talent and having similar seasons.
For the Cardinals, a top two pick is a big one if the 49ers lock in on taking Nick Bosa, because it gives the Cardinals a good chance to make moves from three all the way down to eight (as it stands now) if Bosa isn’t on the board. They would have some choices in top talent and add a second round pick. If the 49ers sell the first pick and Bosa is at two, they have one of the most talented edge rushing duos in the NFL and can come back at the top of the second and address their offensive line or wide receiver needs.
It is a singular positive in an otherwise forgettable 2018 season.