Every year at this time we have to take a step back and remember… football is fun.
Even when it is no good, awful football, it is still football and can be fun.
That’s what today is about, remembering the good things about football and the Arizona Cardinals.
Here are five things I am thankful for with the Arizona Cardinals in 2018.
- Josh Rosen - Up and down it may be, the Cardinals look like they have their quarterback of the future. That makes me thankful because it’s been a long time coming for Cardinals fans. Hopefully they take steps in year two to help him.
- Larry Fitzgerald - No matter what, watching Fitz play is a pleasure and something to always be thankful for. Hope he doesn’t have to end on this season.
- Chandler Jones - 10.5 sacks, on pace for over 16 again, closing in on the top five of the Cardinals all-time sack leader list. He’s already top ten with 38.5 sacks, on his face he’ll be right around top 5-6 by the end of the season. The Cardinals have him locked up for the next several years. That’s something to be thankful for.
- Budda Baker - Excitement on defense, someone to watch turn into a star in this league, one of the most exciting things to watch in sports is a star being born.
- Sucking - You may be scratching your head on this one, but from a writing, content and comments standpoint, business is booming. And, I can tell you, I thought things would go the other way. I assumed people would check out, but instead, fans and readers have been even more engulfed in the team. That’s something that tells you that fans are sticking around this time when things are going bad. It’s a big positive step and something I’m happy to see.
I'm thankful for David Johnson, Corey Peters and others as well, but really, this has been a tough year. I'm happy to see fans still care.
What are you thankful for this year?