With three games to go in the 2018 NFL season, we are onto the 2019 NFL Draft.
Oh sure, we’ll cover the team and the goings on, but the focus of the rest of the season will be mostly on debating the merits of Steve Keim and Steve Wilks keeping their jobs, who the Cardinals should hire if they fire their GM, head coach or just one or the other and of course, who they should draft.
That’s where we come in.
If everything is the same, Keim and Wilks still at the helm, when the Cardinals step up to the podium on April 25, 2019 in Nashville, there is only one choice...
1. Arizona Cardinals
Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State*
The Cards have a lot of needs, but getting the best player in the draft to line up opposite Chandler Jones would be a big step in the right direction. Bosa fits well with Arizona’s 4-3 scheme with his power and length, and Markus Golden hits free agency after the season.
Bosa is the nearly unanimous top player heading into the 2019 NFL Draft. If the Cards have the first pick, getting the best player, at a premium position, one that has been addressed one time in the draft in the first 50 picks in the Keim era, is a must.
The rest of the top ten:
2. San Francisco 49ers - Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan
3. Oakland Raiders - Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama
4. New York Jets - Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson
5. Atlanta Falcons - Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson
6. Buffalo Bills - Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama
7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
9. Detroit Lions - Josh Allen, DE, Kentucky
10. New York Giants - Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State