The ironic thing is that the Cardinals next two games could be huge in the final draft order, as their next two opponents are actually just behind them in the 2019 NFL Draft order.
Let’s take a look at the 2019 NFL Draft order.
Current draft order
- San Francisco 49ers (2-10, .526)
- Oakland Raiders (2-10, .568)
- New York Jets (3-9, .503)
- Arizona Cardinas (3-9, .524)
- Detroit Lions (4-8, .500)
- Atlanta Falcons (4-8, .503)
- New York Giants (4-8, .511)
- Buffalo Bills (4-8, .521)
- Jacksonville Jaguars (4-8, .545)
- Green Bay Packers (4-7-1, .482)
It is crazy that the Cardinals will play or have played five of the top ten teams in the 2019 NFL Draft order... and of course they are in it, so their schedule makes up 60% of the top ten. Insane!
The three teams in front of Arizona definitely open up the idea that the Cardinals will have no chance at Nick Bosa, but now the question becomes who do they take?
The names will be simple, do you take an interior defender in Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver?
Do you take a cornerback like Greedy Williams or a local kid in Byron Murphy?
Those are really the five names that could make sense for the Cardinals if they remain in the top five of the 2019 NFL Draft.
However, the next two weeks against the Lions an Falcons could tell a huge story of where the Cardinals will draft.