There is a question that will continually be asked by fans and pundits on the Arizona Cardinals… Should they trade up in the 2018 NFL Draft for a quarterback?
After the New York Jets made the move up to number three paying a premium price, the market is set.
Sam Farmer of the LA Times thinks the Cardinals will pay that price in his latest mock draft.
4. Arizona (proposed trade with Cleveland) — Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma: The Cardinals haven’t taken a quarterback earlier than the fourth round since using the 10th pick on Matt Leinart in 2006. But now is not the time to stand on tradition.
We’ve talked about it before, but this would be a huge price to pay. Likely their 15th overall this year, a second and one third this year and then a first and second next year.
Now, if you believe in Baker Mayfield, you 100% pay that price. And if you make that move, you better 100% believe in Mayfield.
What do you think? Are you moving up to the fourth pick for Mayfield?
Farmer’s mock unfolds this way from 1-15:
- Browns - Sam Darnold
- Josh Allen to Buffalo Bills in trade up
- Jets - Josh Rosen
- Mayfield to AZ
- Broncos - Saquon Barkley
- Colt’s - Bradley Chubb
- Bucs - Quenton Nelson
- Bears - Minkah Fitzpatrick
- 49ers - Tremaine Edmunds
- Raiders - Vita Vea
- Dolphins - Derwin James
- Kolton Miller to Giants in trade down
- Redskins - Roquan Smith
- Packers - Harold Landry
- Denzel Ward to Browns in trade down