With the 2018 NFL Draft behind us it is time….
To look at the 2019 NFL Draft.
I’m only partially kidding. As Todd McShay has done his “Way Too Early” 2019 NFL Mock Draft.
It is always fun to look at these things because it gives you an idea of what everyone thinks of teams, plus how they drafted.
McShay uses Football Outsiders preliminary projections for the record and more than the pick, I was interested to see the Cardinals outside of the top five.
8. Arizona Cardinals Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia
Baker played sparingly his first two seasons but had a terrific junior campaign (44 tackles, three INTs) for the Bulldogs.
Most places have the Cardinals as a picking in the top five, but McShay and FO has the top seven:
- Buffalo Bills - Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
- Chicago Bears - Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State
- New York Giants - Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan
- New York Jets - Greg Little, OT, Mississippi
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Trey Adams, OT, Washington
- Indianapolis Colts - Andraez Williams, CB, LSU
- Denver Broncos - Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama
The Cardinals get a dynamic corner, who admittedly, I have not studied outside of what he did in the College Football Playoffs.
The name so many want in AZ, N’Keal Harry, the guy who could be the top wide receiver in the 2019, is the second receiver off the board to the Houston Texans with the 25th pick.
While we are a year away, it’s always interesting to look ahead.