It’s an exciting time for Cardinals football. We’re about to see what this team is capable of with a new head coach in Steve Wilks and rookie quarterback Josh Rosen. It’s also time for Revenge of the Birds to welcome in some new contributors to help us cover the Cardinals this season.
If you’re reading this, it’s safe to assume you love the Cardinals. Keep reading, because this is your shot to join our team here at Revenge of the Birds and help us cover them in 2018 and beyond.
What are we looking for?
We’ve got a few opportunities available:
- Longform columnist: Provide at least two longform articles (1,000 words or more) per week about the Cardinals. We’re looking for a columnist with strong opinions about the team who isn’t afraid to share them.
- Film analyst: We’re looking for someone to break down film and write about it for the site. The ideal candidate will be prepared to do so with both NFL film and college film.
What skills and qualifications should you have?
We’re looking for people who:
- Have a passion for the Arizona Cardinals.
- Ideally already enjoy reading, commenting, and participating in the Revenge of the Birds community.
- Are able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Are self-starters and comfortable meeting deadlines.
- Previous writing experience is strongly preferred.
How do you apply?
Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to SB Nation’s talent manager for team brands, Jeanna Thomas, at email@example.com. You can also feel free to hit Jeanna up with any questions about the positions, Revenge of the Birds, or SB Nation in general.
These are contractor positions that pay monthly stipends. If your background and experience don’t perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in one of these roles, we encourage you to apply.