Through two weeks, the Arizona Cardinals are maybe the worst team in the NFL.
Actually, maybe is too strong of a word.
Through the first two games of the season the Arizona Cardinals sit in last place in points, total yards, yards per game, pass yards per game and 31st in rushing.
Defensively, well they’re not the worst, but 25th in points, 30th in yards per game, 27th in passing defense and 28th in rushing defense.
In other words, the Cardinals are abysmal in every major statistical category the NFL has.
That’s why, through two weeks, they sit at the bottom of the power rankings.
Let’s check our the other 31 teams in the NFL.
Reminder, these rankings reflect what has happened through two weeks, not how I think the season ends up.
- Jacksonville Jaguars (2-0) - No team had a more impressive game this season than the Jags win over the Patriots.
- Los Angeles Rams (2-0) - Making it look easy versus two of the NFL’s worst.
- Cincinnati Bengals (2-0) - Two impressive wins by the Bengals.
- Kansas City Chiefs (2-0) - Maybe the best offense in the NFL.
- Miami Dolphins (2-0) - Brought the Jets back down to earth, and Ryan Tannehill looks healthy and it’s showing on offense.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Wow, Ryan Fitzpatrick does it again.
- Denver Broncos (2-0) - The final undefeated team, they’re off to a nice start.
- Minnesota Vikings (1-0-1) - Nice comeback, just couldn’t finish it off
- Green Bay Packers (1-0-1) - Aaron Rodgers is a magician.
- New England Patriots (1-1) - Probably the lowest they’ll be ranked all year.
- Los Angeles Chargers (1-1) - Rivers and company just keep on rolling, if the defense figures it out, they could be dangerous.
- Atlanta Falcons (1-1) - Continue to play at a high level at home.
- Chicago Bears (1-1) - That defense will give the offense and Mitch Trubisky time to grow
- Baltimore Ravens (1-1) - Did not play well after their drubbing of Buffalo.
- Carolina Panthers (1-1) - There offense continues to baffle. They have to find a way to get some consistency.
- Philadelphia Eagles (1-1) - This was not the performance from the defense I expected. Also, this is the last time we’ll see them this low.
- New Orleans Saints (1-1) - Really Saints? Really?
- Indianapolis Colts (1-1) - Andrew Luck is back and the Colts are a threat again.
- Dallas Cowboys (1-1) - No idea what to make of this team yet.
- San Francisco 49ers (1-1) - Shanahan’s offense is a sight to behold. Complete opposite of the Cardinals.
- Tennessee Titans (1-1) - Blaine Gabbert gets his one a year.
- New York Jets (1-1) - Whose week one performance was a bigger fluke? New York’s or…
- Washington Redskins (1-1) - At home… to the Colts?
- Cleveland Browns (0-1-1) - Not the worst in the NFL. But, it is Baker time.
- Pittsburgh Steelers (0-1-1) - Maybe the most disappointing team in the NFL.
- Seattle Seahawks (0-2) - Yuck.
- Houston Texans (0-2) - May have the worst OL in the NFL.
- New York Giants (0-2) - Saquon Barkley is very good… not drafting a QB is always dumb.
- Oakland Raiders (0-2) - 9 years and 14 games left on that Gruden contract.
- Detroit Lions (0-2) - Imrpoved in week two on the road.
- Buffalo Bills (0-2) - Improved in week two at home.
- Arizona Cardinals (0-2) - Don’t want to talk about it.