The folks over at Pro Football Focus dropped their newest mock draft for the 2019 NFL Draft and in it, with all the known declarations in now, they hold steady with who the Arizona Cardinals should take at the top.
1. ARIZONA CARDINALS – NICK BOSA, EDGE, OHIO STATE
The best pass-rusher in the draft, Bosa adds an immediate complement to Chandler Jones up front after posting the nation’s highest overall grade among edge defenders in 2017.
Now, right after the Arizona Cardinals pick is obviously the San Francisco 49ers, and they have the 49ers taking Quinnen Williams.
In fact, the top five looks like this:
The more interesting question would be who would fit as the top of the second round pick.
Using PFF’s own top 101 from the 2018 season in college, the list of candidates the Cardinals could take at 33 is interesting (Rankings are PFF’s overall rankings for the player):
6. Andy Isabella, WR, UMass
12. Ben Burr-Kirven, LB, Washington
20. David Montgomery, RB, Iowa State
27. Brian Peavy, CB, Iowa State
28. Te’von Coney, LB, Notre Dame
29. Chase Winovich, OLB, Michigan
30. Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame
36. Beau Benzschawel, OG, Wisconsin
40. J.J. Arcega-Whiteside, WR, Stanford
41. Taylor Rapp, S, Washington
That’s quite a list of players that could fit what the Cardinals need, but who are also talented players.
Who would you pick? What about from the available player list, yes you have to do your own work on that.