This morning I perused the rosters of teams that could be sellers at the trading deadline (Tuesday 4PM EDT) and here are a few players that might be potential targets for the Cardinals:
- CB/S Eric Rowe (pictured above)—-signed a 1 year $3.5M deal with Fins—-has tons of big-game experience and can matchup with taller WRs and TEs.
- WR Jakeem Grant—-speedster from Texas Tech who is not getting a lot of attention from the Fins’ QBs and was recently signed to a 4 year $19.7M contract with $7M guaranteed. The Fins would have to take a dead cap hit of $3.5M, but, they want to amass as many 2020 draft picks as possible.
- RB Kalen Ballage—-ASU talent who has size and burst.
- T Jessie Davis—-having a pretty solid year with a PFF grade of 61.3.
- WR Albert Wilson—-having one of the best years of any Dolphin offensive player (70.6). Signed a 3 year $24M deal last season, but Fins have an out after this year with only a $1.3 dead cap figure.
- LB Brandon Copeland—-80.6 PFF grade this season on a $1.33M contract. UFA in 2020.
- WR Robby Anderson—-deep threat, slippery route runner, great fit. Would only cost the Cardinals about $1.5M for the remainder of the season. UFA in 2020.
- DT Henry Anderson—-good fit at 34 DE whom many of us wanted the Cardinals to sign. Jets signed him to a 3 year $25.2M contract this year, but the way the contract is structured, the Cardinals would only have to pay him only little over $1M fr the remainder of the season, and his cap numbers in 2020 and 2021 are $7M and $8.2M, with easy out options.
- RB DeAndre Washington—-he’s a role player in their offense, but is a UFA in 2020 whom the Raiders might want to get value for now in a trade—-would reunite with Kliff Kingsbury who turned Washington into an All-American caliber dual threat RB at Texas Tech.
- LB Nigel Bradham—-Jordan Hicks will tell you, Bradham is a fantastic all-around LB. The Eagles have an out in 2020 on his 5 year $40M contract and thus Bradham, who is having just a so-so year thus far, could be ripe for a trade. Cardinals would only have to pay him $600K for the rest of this season and if they want to keep him beyond this season, his cap hits would be $8M, $8M and $10M for the next three years, Chances are they could rework that contract.
- WR Alshon Jeffery—-again, here is a contract in which Jeffery would cost less than $1M for the rest of the season and his cap hits for 2020 and 2021 are $9.9M and $12.7M. Jeffery is outstanding in the red zone—-and could be just what the Cardinals need to start scoring TD on a stellar basis.
- WR James Washington—-it wouldn’t be surprising if Kliff Kingsbury would like to get his hands on this Oklahoma St. dynamo. Washington hasn’t quite gotten on track in Pittsburgh and thus perhaps he could be had for the right offer.
- LB Vince Williams—-is having another solid year and would cost the Cardinals less than $1M for the rest of this season and cap hits of $4M and $4M in 2020 and 2021. Has a 67.2 PFF grade in pass coverage, something the Cardinals need to improve with their linebackers.
- TE O.J. Howard—-he’s languishing in Tampa and with the Cardinals becoming more and more enamored with the TE position, Howard could be a crackerjack. Salary is less than $1M for the remainder of this season and $1.977M for 2020 with a 5th year option in 2021.
- DT Rakeem Nunez-Roches—-has shown flashes as an interior disrupter and reminds me a some of Darius Philon.
- Interesting trade possibility that Jason Licht, Bruce Arians and Todd Bowles might be very inclined to make: CB Patrick Peterson for CB M.J. Stewart (2nd year 2018 2nd rounder—-having good season, 68.1 PFF grade), TE O.J. Howard and a 2020 3rd round pick. Would you make that deal? I don’t think Bidwill and Keim will want to go out of their way to make a deal with Licht and Arians—-but, hey, you never know.
- WR Tajae Sharpe—-UMass connection in 4th season. Shouldn’t command too much in a trade.
- LB Sharif Finch—-Temple UCFA in 2018 who has shown flashes of brilliance as a rotational LB who might be had for the right offer.
- CB LaShaun Sims—-4th year CB from Southern Utah who currently has a 74.2 PFF grade in the Titans’ deep secondary.
- T Trent Williams—-something has to give with the Redksins and Williams. Trading for him would send a message to the team and the NFL that the Cardinals have their eyes on the prize.
- DT/DE Matt Ioannidis—-productive and athletic interior lineman from Temple who becomes a UFA in 2020. Redskins may want to get value for him while they can.
- RB Chris Thompson—-the Redskins have depth at RB and Thompson is made to order for the K-Raid as a speedy runner and receiver.
What trades would YOU make? What players do you like? What players would you add?