The 2020 NFL Pro Bowl rosters were announced and two Arizona Cardinals are on the initial roster.
From the team:
Arizona Cardinals safety Budda Baker and linebacker Chandler Jones have been selected as starters for the NFC squad at the 2020 Pro Bowl.
In addition, special teamer Dennis Gardeck, kicker Zane Gonzalez, and quarterback Kyler Murray were selected as alternates.
S Budda Baker
· Baker has earned his second Pro Bowl selection and first at safety after being chosen as a special teamer during his rookie campaign in 2017.
· He becomes the eighth safety in Cardinals history to be selected to the Pro Bowl and the first since Adrian Wilson in 2011.
· Baker is the first player in franchise history selected to the Pro Bowl as a special teamer and as a position player.
· According to league statistics, Baker leads all NFL defensive backs and is tied for sixth overall with a single-season career-high 125 tackles through 14 games this season. He has added five tackles for loss, a forced fumble and six passes defensed.
· He is second in the NFL with 92 solo tackles this season and is the only defensive back among the top 10 leading tacklers in the league this season.
· Baker joins linebackers Bobby Wagner (Seattle), Jordan Hicks (Arizona) and Jaylon Smith (Dallas) as the only NFL players with at least 125 tackles, five tackles for loss and five passes defensed in 2019.
· He becomes the 15th player in franchise history to be selected to at least two Pro Bowls in his first three seasons in the NFL.
LB Chandler Jones
· This is Jones’ third career Pro Bowl selection, his second with the Cardinals and second as a linebacker. He was previously selected to the Pro Bowl as a defensive end with the Patriots in 2015 and as a linebacker with the Cardinals in 2017.
· Jones becomes the fourth linebacker in franchise history to earn multiple Pro Bowl selections and the first since E.J. Junior (1984-85).
· Jones ranks second in the NFL with 15.0 sacks this season and is tied for the league lead with a single-season career-high six forced fumbles. Jones is the only NFL player with at least 10.0 sacks in each of the last five seasons (2015-19).
· Since leading the NFL with a single-season franchise-record 17.0 sacks in 2017, Jones has totaled 45.0 sacks. That’s the most in a three-year stretch since Texans DE J.J. Watt had 48.5 sacks (2013-15) when he was twice voted Defensive Player of the Year.
· With at least 13.0 sacks in each of the last three seasons, Jones trails only Hall of Famer Reggie White (four straight) for the most consecutive seasons with 13.0+ sacks in NFL history.
· Since joining the Cardinals in 2016, Jones leads the NFL with 56.0 sacks, ranks third with 64 tackles for loss and ranks second with 15 forced fumbles.
· He has at least a partial sack in 11 of 14 games this season, which is tied for the league lead, and in 44 of 62 games since joining the Cardinals in 2016, which also leads all NFL defenders during that span.
The 2020 Pro Bowl will be played at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida on Sunday, January 26 at 1:00 PM MST and will be televised live on ESPN and simulcast on ABC.