As the entire NFL media begins their mock draft craze of 2019, we here at Revenge of the Birds will work to be the gatekeeper of what we consider the more tuned in 2019 NFL Mock Drafts.
That means, when a guy or gal from a big site, say ESPN, drops their 2019 NFL Draft 2.0 like Todd McShay did today, we will have it for you.
From E$PN In$ider:
Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State*
With Kliff Kingsbury and Vance Joseph looking to bring back the 3-4 defensive scheme to the desert, look no further than the Chargers’ use of Joey Bosa for a glance at how his younger brother would fit with the Cardinals. Expect Nick to play defensive end but also get some snaps standing up on the edge. Either way, Bosa will collect offensive tackles using his length, speed and power. He could get double-digit sacks as a rookie.
It is the consensus from the big name draft people as we head towards the NFL Combine. After we come out of the combine, we will know more as the leaks will start, but the Cardinals take the best player in the 2019 NFL Draft with the first pick.
McShay’s top ten.
2. 49ers - Josh Allen, Edge, Kentucky
3. Jets - Rashan Gary, Edge, Michigan
4. Raiders - Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama
5. Buccaneers - Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama
6. Giants - Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State
7. Jaguars - Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State
8. Lions - Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
9. Bills - Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
10. Broncos - Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia
After all the smoke blowing last week of 3-4 quarterbacks in the top ten, one goes this week.
Other interesting prospect destinations:
No other quarterbacks in the first round. Meaning pick 33 could be a hot commodity, which I will talk about later today.