If the Arizona Cardinals do not take Kyler Murray with the first pick, the logical thinking is that they will instead trade down with a team that will take Murray at one.
In CBS Sports 2019 NFL Mock 7 Round Draft, R.J. White did just that for the Cardinals.
White has the Cardinals moving down to four in exchange for 1.1. The Cardinals end up with 1.4, 1.27 and Kolton Miller.
Let’s take a look at the entire seven-round haul for the Arizona Cardinals:
1.4 - Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama
1.27 - N’Keal Harry, WR, ASU
2.33 - Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia
3.65 - Darnell Savage, S, Maryland
3.93 - D’Andre Walker, OLB, Georgia
5.139 - Lamont Gaillard, C, Georgia
6.179 - Albert Huggins, DT, Clemson
7.249 - Sione Takitaki, LB, BYU
7.254 - Darwin Thompson, RB, Utah State
Cardinals trade up to 3.93 with the New York Jets, Jets receive 4.103, 6.174 and 7.248, and Jess Root and I cry by not getting rid of 249 and 254.
Let’s break this all down.
- Quinnen Williams at four is what the Cardinals want if they cannot get a trade of value for Rosen. I believe that Williams will end up being the top non quarterback on the Cardinals board.
- I like Harry a lot, I think he can be a good fit in Arizona. Baker at 33 is completely all about value at this point. It is not at the top of the needs pile, but Baker at 33 is too good to pass up.
- Darnell Savage is a name we’ve seen a lot with the Cardinals. Needing a safety seems implausible, but the Cardinals will need one in 2020 and need to begin grooming Savage. Walker reminds me of Shaquil Barrett, someone that Vance Joseph has coached well while in Denver.
- Gaillard is a steal at that point in the draft and could push Mason Cole as a starter.
- Huggins can be a player that gets into a good rotation over the next couple years. He’s been a part time player for a number of years at Clemson. He’s much more of a space eater, even at only 305 pounds.
- Takitaki would be a popular jersey I assume. He’s a good late round, special teams type. Thompson is an interesting one here. He’s not a space player, he’s more of a between the tackles type because he isn’t an elite athlete. I got to be honest, I am not sure why the Cardinals are so infatuated with Thompson, not that he is a bad player, but I just don’t know where he fits.
What do you think of this seven-round 2019 NFL Mock Draft?