ARI---Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma.
Best arm and quickest feet in the draft.
2. SF---Brian Burns, DE, Florida St.
This is the draft’s second best secret. Burns is an Aldon Smith type rusher (without the baggage) and, if healthy, he will have more sacks over the next 4-5 years than any player in this draft.
3. NYJ---Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama.
The Jets are going to have to wipe Gregg Williams’ drool off of the card, knowing he just landed the most dynamic interior lineman in the draft.
4. OAK---Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio St.
Raider fans will be excited to land their next edge dynamo.
5. TB---Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma.
Anyone who saw what Bruce Arians was able to do with John Brown as a rookie, think of what he can do with the speedy and elusive Marquise Brown. Goodbye DeSean Jackson, hello Hollywood Brown.
6. NYG---Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan.
Gary is a near perfect Dave Gettleman DE proto-type.
7. JAX---T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa.
The Jags are excited to give QB Nick Foles his version of Zach Ertz.
8. DET---Irv Smith, Jr., TE, Alabama.
The Lions are committed to trying to start winning the middle of the field on offense, the way the Pats do.
9. BUF---Josh Allen, OLB/DE, Kentucky.
Bills set a new NFL record by drafting a Josh Allen in the 1st round two years in a row. This Josh Allen helps the pass rush.
10. DEN---Drew Lock, QB, Missouri.
Elway passed on Josh Allen and Josh Rosen last year. This year Lock is a lock.
11. CIN---Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio St.
The Bengals keep the Buckeye’s Haskins in state as they did with last year’s 1st round pick, C Billy Price.
12. GB---Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson.
13. MIA---Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi St.
Brian Flores’ top priority is landing pass rushers who can sack Tom Brady.
14. ATL---Ed Oliver, DT, Houston.
Oliver is a superb fit in Dan Quinn’s shoot the gaps defense and is a nifty compliment to Grady Jarrett.
15. WAS---Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio St.
Goodbye Jamison Crowder, hello Parris Campbell with your 4.31 speed.
16. CAR---Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson.
Goodbye Julius Peppers, hello Clelin Ferrell.
17. NYG---Jawaan Taylor, T, Florida.
Goodbye Erik Flowers, hello Jaawan Taylor.
18. MIN---Cody Ford, T/G, Oklahoma.
Just the kind of versatile, power blocker the Vikings need.
19. TEN---D.K. Metcalf, WR, Mississippi.
Prolific deep threat opposite Corey Davis and Taywan Taylor.
20. PIT---A.J. Brown, Mississippi.
Goodbye AB, hello AJB.
21. SEA---Dalton Risner, T/G, Kansas St.
Risner is their kind of road grader.
22. BAL---Devin White, LB, LSU
Goodbye C.J. Mosely, hello Devin White.
23. HOU---Jonah Williams, T, Alabama.
Protecting Deshaun Watson is top priority.
24. OAK---Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama.
Goodbye Marshawn Lynch, hello Josh Jacobs.
25. PHI---Devin Bush, LB, Michigan.
Goodbye Jordan Hicks, hello Devin Bush.
26. IND---Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson.
Should help to take the romance out of the Leonard Fournette off-tackle play.
27. OAK---Noah Fant, TE, Iowa.
The ghost of Al Davis applauds picking this speedy TE.
28. LAC---Andre Dillard, T, Washington St.
Will look good and smooth in powder blue.
29. KC---Oshane Ximines, DE, Old Dominion.
Goodbye Dee Ford, hello OX (with a big hug and a kiss).
30. GB---J.J. Arcega-Whiteside.
Red zone magnet poised to make a number of Lambeau leaps.
31. LAR---Erik McCoy, C, Texas A&M.
Goodbye John Sullivan, hello Erik McCoy.
32. NE---Andy Isabella, WR, UMass
Passing the slot WR baton from 4.62 Wes Welker to 4.52 Julian Edelman to 4.31Andy Isabella.
OK---so this is your turn to make the Cardinals’ pick at #33.
if the draft went this way, here is a menu of options:
C Garrett Bradbury, North Carolina St.
G Chris Lindstrom, Boston College
T Kaleb McGary, Washington
WR N’Keal Harry, Arizona St.
WR Hakeem Butler, Iowa St.
WR Deebo Samuel, South Carolina
WR Kelvin Harman, North Carolina St.
TE Jace Sternberger, Texas A&M
DT Jeffrey Simmons, Mississippi St.
DT Jerry Tillery, Notre Dame
DT Dre’Mont Jones, Ohio St.
DT Khalen Saunders, Western Illinois
DE Zach Allen, Boston College
DE/OLB Jaylon Ferguson, Louisiana Tech
DE/OLB Jachai Polite, Florida
OLB Chase Winovich, Michigan
CB Greedy Williams, LSU
CB Deandre Baker, Georgia
CB Rock Ya-Sin, Temple
S Taylor Rapp, Washington
S Nasir Adderly, Delaware
S Johnathan Abraham, Mississippi St.
S Darnell Savage, Maryland
You get 1 pick---if you match with the first player the Cardinals select in Round 2, you win a brand new Cardinals’ hat via Amazon.com. You can also select a player in my mock whom you think won’t be taken in Round1 and will be taken by the Cardinals in Round 2. And, of course, you don’t have to pick from the menu above if the player you want is not on it.