While, the advantage in one on one pass coverages tends to sway heavily toward the receiver, this is one heckuva move and swift separation by WR Andy Isabella. Good throw by Brett Hundley, although had he thrown it a split second earlier, Isabella may have been able to turn the corner.
Here is a sweet go route and catch up the left sideline by WR Hakeem Butler which QB Brett Hundley throws with good air time and touch.
Here’s why the Cardinals are excited about having WR Christian Kirk and WR Andy Isabella in the slots. Good timing and accuracy on the throws here.
Pharoh Cooper is having a good camp thus far. Playing fast! Pass here is slightly overthrown.
Things getting a little frisky here with supplemental draft 5th rounder, S Jalen Thompson, putting a stick on WR Andy isabella. Knowing Isabella, he didn’t mind this at all!
More quick footed separation from WR Andy isabella with good throws from QB Brett Hundley.
I was just saying yesterday that Kyler Murray should try to keep testing Patrick Peterson so that he can test against the best and here is nice dime in tight Peterson coverage to KeeSean Johnson.
A new set of plays with QB Chad Kanoff in the spread. Solid job by Kanoff here.
Here are some hit and miss red zone scrimmage plays from Murray—-he made some good throws (right corner TD) and mistakes (an under thrown interception at the goa lline by Budda Baker)—-but as Tom Brady always says, “practice is the place to make mistakes and to learn what you can do and what you can’t.”
Very good effort and pace on both sides of the ball. The units are getting after it and are showing strong competitive spirit. For Day 3—-this is pretty dang good!
Day 3 Tidbits:
- Cardinals release DT Robert Nkemdiche. It’s a sad story. Just when Nkemdiche was finally showing flashes of brilliance on the field, as he did in LA versus the Chargers where he was dominant, he tears an ACL. Then come his brushes with the law and the huge disappointment that he came to camp out of shape. At this point, I just hope he can get the help he needs in order to dig himself out the hole he’s in. The football part of it needs to take a back seat right now. But, it’s frustrating for the Cardinals that they swung for the fences on Nkemdiche and have struck out.
- Haason Reddick had arthroscopic surgery to clean out a torn meniscus. Some fans are now convinced he is another 1st round bust. Vance Joseph believes Reddick will be ready to go by game one. I believe that if Reddick bounces back well from this 4 week setback, he will be a valuable asset in Joseph’s defense. His chemistry with Jordan Hicks is encouraging.
- In Reddick’s place for now is 2nd year UCFA Dennis Gardeck, who is showing exemplary stamina taking consecutive numbers of reps, so much so that when the coaches wondered if he was tiring, Gardeck performed what he described to be a “perfect 10” backflip. Man, Pat Tillman is smiling down on this kid.
- Just in case, it might be good for the Cardinals to sign recently released LB Mason Foster, especially if D.J. Swearinger, his Redskins’ teammate last year, endorses him.
- Swearinger is nursing a “soft tissue” injury and is day to day, as is DT Vincent Valentine, whose leg injury on Day 1 was minor, thank goodness.
- With the Cardinals’ depth at WR, one has wonder whether the Cardinals will make a trade or two. Curious as to why WR Chad Williams was on the sidelines yesterday.
- Kliff Kingsbury made it clear that the fruit cart is not a snack bar. Kingsbury wants to simulate half-time conditions, which is in line with him calling the plays on the headset in order to get in the habit of game day procedures.