It was back to work for the final open practice of 2019 training camp with the Arizona Cardinals.
There was plenty to get through today as the Cardinals showed they still need plenty of work heading into their first game against the Detroit Lions.
Let’s check out five things from Saturday at camp with the Arizona Cardinals.
- Larry Fitzgerald was at Darryl Drake’s funeral - Not a surprise, the Arizona Cardinals future Hall of Fame receiver and one of the better people in the NFL was asked to speak at the late coach’s funeral. He missed practice, but some things are bigger than football.
- Chris Jones is starting opposite Tramaine Brock - From Patrick Peterson and Robert Alford to Jones and Brock. The team continues to leave rookie Byron Murphy in the slot. This is going to be a test for the Cardinals.
- The Patrick Peterson scale back had been ramped up - It was not as big of a deal until Alford’s injury. Now, these guys need reps at an alarming rate.
- Joshua Miles reps going up - Playing his way up the depth chart, the seventh round rookie is showing himself worthy of a roster spot and with the way this team works, maybe more.
- Kyler Murray unfazed by struggles on Thursday - This is who Kyler is. He doesn’t let things eat him up. He goes onto the next practice and the next game. In this was, he’s very similar to Carson Palmer.