2019 ROTB Cardinals’ 53 Man Roster Prediction Challenge
- The ROTB member with the highest number of correct roster choices wins a Card Kyler T-Shirt via Amazon.com.
- Predict the 53 players from the current personnel AND write TBA where you believe the Cardinals will make an addition via a trade or waiver claim. You can see how I do it in my prediction.
- Predict 10 practice squad players from the current roster (these are for tiebreakers, if necessary).
- All predictions need to be posted on this thread by 4 PM Arizona time this afternoon, as there will be a number of leaks and rumors regarding player cuts and possible trades starting to pop up on Twitter and other sites. You can revise your picks by 4 PM.
QB (2): Murray, Hundley
RB (4): D. Johnson, Edmonds, Logan, TBA
WR (7): Fitzgerald, Kirk, Crabtree, K. Johnson, Sherfield, Byrd, Isabella
TE (3): Clay, Williams, TBA
OL (9): Humphries, Pugh, Cole, Sweezy, Gilbert, Gaillard, Miles, TBA, TBA
DL (6): Peters, Allen, McDonald, Hector, Dogbe, TBA
ILB (5): Hicks, Reddick, Walker, Gardeck, Turner
OLB (5): Suggs, Jones, Reed, Robertson, TBA
CB (5): Alford, Brock, Murphy, Jones, TBA
S (4): Swearinger, Baker, J. Thompson, D. Thompson
ST (3): Lee, Gonzalez, Brewer
Possible Trade Candidates:
- WR Pharoh Cooper—-had a good camp—-was productive at WR (71.6 PFF grade)—-and brings ST skill for a WR/PR needy team.
- C A.Q. Shipley—-the Cardinals have depth at center—-Shipley had a solid camp—-a center needy team could express interest. Pre-season PFF grades at C: Mason Cole (65.7), Lamont Gaillard (64.8), A.Q. Shipley (60.7). It’s a tough decision because A.Q. is well liked by his coaches and teammates.
- DT Rodney Gunter—-Steve Keim issued a warning about veterans getting too comfortable and Gunter had a 44.4 PFF grade in 3 pre-season games.
- S Budda Baker—-could command a significant return in trade value, if say the Cardinals would be able to pick up a very good OL or CB for Baker. Baker did not look good at FS in the pre-season (42.5 PFF grade), while rookie Jalen Thompson was turning heads (71.0 PFF grade not including last night’s stellar performance which is going to raise his grade even higher).
- S D.J. Swearinger—-has been strangely quiet on the field in the pre-season (41.8 PFF grade), which typically is adverse to his take command style. He might not be too thrilled about being moved down to SS. With the emergence of Jalen Thompson, and Swearinger in the final year of his contract, maybe he’s the one the Cardinals look to trade.
Practice Squad Prediction: