We all know the situation for the Arizona Cardinals. They have to win on Sunday to make the playoffs, but the reality is there are some other circumstances than just a simple “win and your in”.
Let’s first take a look at the NFC Playoff pictures.
- Green Bay Packers - Clinch one seed with win over Chicago Bears
- New Orleans Saints - Clinch the one seed with a win, if the Seahawks win and Packers lose.
- Seattle Seahawks - Clinch one seed with a win over the 49ers, a loss by the Packers and a loss by the Saints to the Carolina Panthers on the road.
- Washington Football Team - Clinch fourth seed with win over Philadelphia Eagles
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Clinch fifth seed with win over Atlanta Falcons
- Los Angeles Rams - Clinch sixth seed with win over Arizona Cardinals, can move up to fifth seed with win and Bucs loss. Rams get the seventh seed if they lose to the Cardinals and the Bears lose.
- Chicago Bears - Bears in with seventh seed if they win over Packers, can move up to sixth seed if they win and Rams lose.
- Arizona Cardinals - Win over Rams and the Arizona Cardinals are in. Tie with Rams and a Bears loss the Cardinals are in. Win over the Rams, Bears loss and the Cardinals move up to the sixth seed.
Obviously winning is key, but if you are the Cardinals, who do you want to see in round one?