Happy Friday one and all.
It is Friday in one of the most odd weeks in my 34 years on the earth and that is saying something with someone with five kids at home.
However, we can still enjoy and indulge in the 2020 NFL Draft.
That gives us plenty to look at today:
8. Andrew Thomas - OT
School: Georgia | Year: Junior
40. Justin Jefferson - WR
School: LSU | Year: Junior
72. Curtis Weaver - Edge
School: Boise State | Year: Junior (RS)
It is interesting that in Reuter’s mock he has the top seven going:
- Joe Burrow
- Tua Tagovailoa
- Chase Young
- Justin Herbert - Dolphins via Giants
- Mekhi Becton - Giants via Dolphins
- Jordan Love
- Jeff Okudah
That means you have a combination of: CeeDee Lamb, Tristan Wirfs, Jedrick Wills, and Isaiah Simmons on the board.
Crazy to me to take Andrew Thomas there. Not a shot at Thomas, but there is no way he’s better than those four I listed.
Jefferson in round two and Weaver in round three makes sense, but with the way things fell, I’d go a bit differently.
Using Reuter’s draft:
8. CeeDee Lamb - Complete player with DeAndre Hopkins ability.
40. Ezra Cleveland - Want an offensive lineman? Get the most athletic (after Wirfs) and versatile in the draft.
72. Akeem Davis-Gaither - Get the Daryl Washington type they have been looking to for since 2014.
An alternative that I would not like as much, but would understand:
8. Tristan Wirfs
40. Jordan Brooks
72. Cam Akers
This would be a more meat and potatoes draft.
Using only the Reuter’s available players, how would you like those three rounds to go?