The Arizona Cardinals under Steve Keim rarely trade up. He loves his draft picks and the idea of parting with one just never sits well with him.
Each pick is it’s own lottery ticket and why would you want to get rid of one?
That’s why, in 2017 when Keim traded up for Budda Baker in round two, it showed how much they really thought of Baker as a player.
Well, in SB Nation’s 2017 NFL re-Draft, Baker is now a first rounder.
He’s the only player Keim drafted that goes in round one, check out where he goes:
First, how the top 12 went:
4. Jacksonville Jaguars - Christian McCaffrey, RB - Standford
5. Tennessee Titans - Myles Garrett, DE - Texas A&M
6. New York Jets - Jamal Adams, S - LSU
7. Los Angeles Chargers - Tre’Davious White, CB - LSU
8. Carolina Panthers - Marshon Lattimore, CB - Ohio State
9. Cincinnati Bengals - Ryan Ramczyk, OL - Wisconsin
10. Buffalo Bills - T.J. Watt, LB - Wisconsin
11. New Orleans Saints - Marlon Humphrey, CB - Alabama
12. Cleveland Browns - Chris Godwin, WR - Penn State
13. Arizona Cardinals - Alvin Kamara, RB - Tennessee
14. Philadelphia Eagles - Eddie Jackson, S - Alabama
15. Indianapolis Colts - Kenny Golladay, WR - Northern Illinois
16. Baltimore Ravens - JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR - USC
17. Washington Redskins - Jonathan Allen, DT - Alabama
18. Tennessee Titans - Adoree Jackson, CB - USC
20. Denver Broncos - Budda Baker, S - Washington
That’s a nice jump and we know how well Baker did under Vance Joseph, earning a Pro Bowl nod this year.
Baker with Justin Simmons is a phenomenal safety duo for the Broncos and they would play off of each other extremely well.
It’s good to see the Cardinals did well in the drafting of Baker, especially with how bad Haason Reddick did in the first round.
We’ll discuss the final picks of the first round and the start of the second round once my pick is made.