It is the first mock draft of the 2021 NFL Draft season for the NFL.com’s own Daniel Jeremiah.
Jeremiah is one of the lead draft guys in the NFL and when he talks, it is good to listen.
Here is what Jeremiah did for the top 20 picks:
- Jacksonville Jaguars - Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
- New York Jets - Zach Wilson, QB, BYU
- Miami Dolphins - Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU
- Atlanta Falcons - Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State
- Cincinnati Bengals - Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern
- Philadelphia Eagles - Patrick Surtain, CB, Alabama
- Detroit Lions - DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
- Carolina Panthers - Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
- Denver Broncos - Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech
- Dallas Cowboys - Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
- New York Giants - Jaylon Waddle, WR, Alabama
- San Francisco 49ers - Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
- Los Angeles Chargers - Alijah Vera-Tucker, OT, USC
- Minnesota Vikings - Gregory Rousseau, Edge, Miami
- New England Patriots - Micah Parson, LB, Penn State
- Arizona Cardinals - Jaelan Phillips, Edge, Miami
- Las Vegas Raiders - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame
- Miami Dolphins - Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech
- Washington Football Team - Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida
- Chicago Bears - Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan
It is an interesting pick for the Cardinals, and edge rushers are always great picks, but this would have to mean no Haason Reddick or Markus Golden back and they are going with just Chandler Jones and Devon Kennard. If they bring back Reddick or Golden, while it would still be a great pick next year or year three, can the Cardinals afford to keep drafting for two or three years away when they have so much immediate need and there are players who likely are just as good that fill those needs?
That is the biggest question mark for the Cardinals moving forward.