Happy Friday one and all.
The Arizona Cardinals face quite the offseason ahead of them, including free agency.
The question becomes which of their own free agents should they look to retain?
I’d put mine in descending order:
- Haason Reddick, Edge - Give him the franchise tag (figure out the cap)
- Patrick Peterson, CB - Offer him a three-year $30 million contract and if he gets more good luck.
- Angelo Blackson, DL - Was the best defensive lineman on the team this year, deserves a chance to come back for two or three years.
- Corey Peters, NT - A veteran minimum contract that would allow him to earn more based on health and play.
- Chris Banjo, S - He is one of the more important pieces on special teams and gives the Cardinals an important veteran backup.
- Tanner Vallejo, LB - Needs to prove he can stay healthy, but is a very talented backup and special teams contributor.
Those are the only six I would prioritize in the immediate. I know there is a name missing, but not sure they can afford an extra $11 million this year.
What about you?