If you could be the Cardinals’ GM this off-season, what are 10 moves you would make in free agency and your corresponding 5 draft picks? Plus, if you could make one trade, what would it be?
Note: try your best to be realistic. As I tried to create a free agent kitty last week, I understood how challenging it is this year for the Cardinals to create a sufficient amount of cap space in order to be proactive in free agency.
With that in mind, of the 15 moves you are going to make, only 2 of them (list them first) can be contracts of $10M per year. Plus, for the sake of this exercise we are going to assume that the Cardinals are going to have to trade, restructure or release OLB/DE Chandler Jones in order to add much of his $15.5M base salary to the 2021 cap.
Here are my 10 + 5:
- Re-sign SAM OLB Haason Reddick, preferably to a long-term deal. ($10M+)
- Sign UFA C Corey Linsley (GB) to a 3-4 year deal. ($10M+)
- Re-sign OLB Dennis Gardeck, preferably to a long term deal.
- Re-sign S Charles Washington.
- Re-sign ILB Tanner Vallejo
- Re-sign TE Dan Arnold
- Sign UFA CB Sidney Jones (JAC)
- Sign UFA CB Ahkello Witherspoon (SF)
- Sign UFA DT Shelby Harris (DEN)
- Sign UFA WR Breshad Perriman (NYJ)
Note: Everyone needs to follow the draft that A.J. Schulte (Pro Football Network) created this weekend to pick only players available at each spot in the draft.
- Micah Parsons, LB, Penn St. Pairing the explosive Parsons with multi-talented Isaiah Simmons would turn a previous weakness into a tour de force.
2. . Javonte Williams, RB, North Carolina. Beast mode RB who is made to order for Cardinals’ offense.
3. Quinn Meinerz, OG, Wisconsin-Whitewater. Beast mode guard who dominated at Senior Bowl.
5. Benjamin St-Juste, CB, Minnesota. Reminds me a little of a young Richard Sherman with his impressive length, speed and physicality.
7. Riley Patterson, K, Memphis. Outstanding form and accuracy.
Cardinals trade WR Christian Kirk to Texans for WR Keke Coutee, plus 7th round pick (Cardinals draft: James Smith, P. Cincinnati. Big strong boomer.)
- Post your 10 + 5 + 1 trade selections within 24 hours.
- The poster who receives the most likes by 3 PM Arizona time tomorrow will win: