Let’s get right to it:
- If the Cardinals are going to add more free agents, how are they going to create more cap space? If Justin Pugh was willing to take a pay cut, will/should others of the higher paid veterans, such as Chandler Jones, Jordan Phillips, Devon Kennard, Jordan Hicks (and perhaps even D.J. Humphries) follow suit?
- What will first- ballot Hall of Fame WR Larry Fitzgerald decide to do?
- Will the Cardinals sign Colt McCoy (visiting the team this week and pictured above) to be the team’s QB2? Last season as the Giants’ QB2, McCoy started 2 games, earning a record of 1-1 on 375 yds. passing at 60.5% with 1 TD and 1 int. for a rating of 75.0. McCoy is 6-1, 212, coming into his 11th NFL season at age 34, with a career 8-22 record (only once started more than 8 games in a season) 60.7 %, 6,455 passing yards, 6.5 ypa, 30 TDs, 28 ints., 78.1 rating.
- Will/should the Cardinals sign a free agent RB like James Connor (PIT—2,302 yds., 22 TDs, 4.3 ypc) or Phillip Lindsay (DEN—-2,550 yds., 17 TDs, 4.8 ypc)? If not, will/should the Cardinals target a RB like Travis Etienne, Najee Harris or Javonte Williams in the draft?
- Will the Cardinals address the need at pass-catching TE in free agency or the draft or both? Would Trey Burton (6-2, 238, 29, 159/1.532 yds., 9.6 ave., 15 TDs) be a good fit? Could a return to Arizona for Darren Fells (6-7, 270, 34, 123/1,483 yds., 12.1 ave., 21 TDs,) be in the works?
- How are the Cardinals going to address the slot WR position? Via free agency, a trade or the draft? What should the Cardinals expect from Christian Kirk, Andy Isabella and KeeSean Johnson this season?
- Who is the favorite to win the starting RG spot? Do the Cardinals ride with Justin Murray (56.7) or do they turn to veteran Brian Winters (54.6) whose best years were playing next to Kelvin Beachum? Will the Cardinals use one of their high draft picks (Day 1 or Day 2) on a guard?
- Should Josh Jones be groomed to be the team’s swing tackle? Would it detract from his development as an NFL tackle, to spend time at guard? Is he really a viable candidate to start at RG? Or was Sean Kugler saying Jones could also play guard just to hint at Kelvin Beachum’s return to start at RT?
- Should adding speed and playmaking ability at RB and WR be a top priority?
- Trade proposal question: what would you think of the Cardinals trading WR Christian Kirk to the Browns for TE David Njoku? Kirk (62.3, 48/621 yds. 12.9 ave., 6 TDs, $3M 2021 salary) could help bolster the Browns’ WR unit while OBJ is working through his ACL rehab (expected to return to action around Week 5), while Njoku (70.1, , 19/213 yds., 11.2 ave., 2 TDs, $6M 2021 salary on 5th year option) could become the pass receiving TE the Cardinals want. Both Kirk and Njoku are in contract years. The Browns are already paying TE Austin Hooper $8M a year and are high on 2020 4th round pick Harrison Bryant, plus their blocking TE is Stephen Carlson (3rd year).
I am very interested in hearing your answers and will chime in with mine after at least 10 of you respond.
Copy and Paste (Summary):
- How do Cardinals create more cap space?
- What will Fitz decide?
- Is Colt McCoy a good fit as QB2?
- Should Cardinals address the RB position in free agency or the draft?
- Should Cardinals address the TE position in free agency or the draft?
- How should the Cardinals address the slot WR position?
- Who will win the starting RG position?
- Should Josh Jones be focused on being the team’s swing tackle?
- Should adding speed at RB and WR be a top priority for the offense?
- Would you trade WR Christian Kirk (and probably a 2020 Day 3 draft pick) to the Browns for TE David Njoku?