The Athletic’s Dane Brugler posted his 7 round mock draft today.
(Per Brugler) What a steal if Smith falls this far. The Cardinals have solid role players behind DeAndre Hopkins on the receiver depth chart and there are arguably greater team needs, but Arizona can’t pass on Smith and his impact in that offense.
- 49. Kelvin Joseph, CB, Kentucky
- Kelvin Joseph’s Pick vs. DeVonta Smith
- 160. Rhamondre Stevenson, RB, Oklahoma
- 223. Darius Hodge, edge, Marshall
- 243. Sadarius Hutcherson, OG, South Carolina
- 247. Malik Herring, DL, Georgia
- I think it would be somewhat of a miracle if DeVonta Smith slides to pick #16. But, if he does, and the Cardinals have him graded as the highest player on their board, then they would rush his name to NFL headquarters.
- The question I would want to know the definitive answer the most in this draft is what Nick Saban would say when asked if he was appointed the head coach of an NFL team and he had a chance to draft one of his skill players on offense, which one would be prefer? My guess is that, without hesitation, he would say RB Najee Harris.
- While I love Kelvin Joseph’s speed, competitiveness in coverage and overall athleticism, he’s not a physical presence in run or screen busting support. At least, not yet. Not sure if he ever will be, though.
- Rhamondre Stevenson has tremendous upside and, imo, would be a steal at #160.
- The last 3 picks all have potential, but might have a hard time making the 56 man roster, unless they can prove their value on STs.