...this season could be an exhilarating ride.
Last year, the Cardinals got off to an exciting start, but injuries and distractions got the better of them during the second half of the season.
The emphasis this off-season has been to improve the veteran leadership and to make the team more physical, speedy and dynamic on both sides of the ball, while continuing to build one of the most talented special teams unit in the NFL.
Projected Starters: (per best fits, position-wise, as discussed with Brett Kollman on Red Rain)
- QB Kyler Murray
- RB Chase Edmonds
- TE Maxx Williams
- LT D.J. Humphries
- LG Justin Pugh
- C Rodney Hudson
- RB Justin Murray
- RT Kelvin Beachum
- WR DeAndre Hopkins
- WR A.J. Green
- WR Christian Kirk
- WR Rondale Moore
- SAM OLB Devon Kennard
- DE 1 TECH Zach Allen
- NT Leki Fotu
- DE 3/5 TECH J.J. Watt
- BANDIT OLB Chandler Jones
- SAM ILB Zaven Collins
- WILL ILB Isaiah Simmons
- LCB Malcolm Butler
- SS Jalen Thompson
- FS Budda Baker
- RCB Tay Gowan
- NCB Byron Murphy
- Pass Rushers: Markus Golden, Jordan Phillips, Dennis Gardeck
- K Matt Prater
- P Andy Lee
- LS Aaron Brewer
- Aces: Dennis Gardeck, Zeke Turner, Charles Washington, Tanner Vallejo
As Teddy Roosevelt advocated: “Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground.”
If the Cardinals can do both —- keep their eyes on the prize and handle their daily preparations as highly-motivated professionals, while staying humble and team-oriented —- then the Cardinals could emerge as one of the most exciting and upstart teams to watch during the NFL’s inaugural 17 game season.
Wednesday’s Red Rain Podcast
To discuss the Cardinals’ prospects for the 2021 season, I am delighted to be joined by Cardinals’ super fan, Susan Haluzan who has:
- Been a Cardinals fan since she moved to the Valley in 2006.
- Has followed the team as a season ticket holder and attended a number of road games.
- Has a bucket list goal is to visit all 30 NFL stadiums, and
- Has a bucket list goal to watch the Arizona Cardinals in the Super Bowl.
- Has so far visited 9 stadiums, with two more (Nashville for the Titans home opener, and the new LA SoFi stadium, later this year), and has attended one game in London in 2017 vs. Rams.
- Was selected as one of the Arizona Cardinals’ super fans who was awarded tickets to SB LIV in Miami to watch the Chiefs beat the Niners.
BEST. DAY. EVER!! That look is pure surprise!— Suz (@SuzSeeZen) September 30, 2019
Thank you @azcardinals for sending me to #SuperbowlLIV ❤️ #nfl100 #football #womenwholovefootball#birdgang #redsea #azcardinals pic.twitter.com/MOxErVRCBh
- Who, through many of the Cardinals events, has had the pleasure to meet the owners, GM, coaches and at least two dozen players. As “Suz” did this past week when she and DeAndre Hopkins gave a shoutout to Cardinals’ fans: (click on video)
As legendary coach and iconic athletic director Miles Hubbard of Trinity-Pawling School in Pawling NY loved to say, “There’s nothing wrong with getting a little excited.”