Wilson is a physical specimen with good size and athleticism, but has not ended up being overly productive while at Stanford.
Of course his quarterback left something to be desired.
NFL.com has a good look at what Wilson offers:
- Voted team captain.
- Plays the game with tangible urgency.
- Experienced with more complicated route asks.
- Creates early separation with long strides.
- Runs with good toughness after the catch.
- Eager and effective as a run blocker.
- Gets into opposition with positioning and pop.
- Above-average talent and traits for role as a gunner on special teams.
Wilson will be at worst a special teams player, but offers a different size and style of wide receiver play than anything the Arizona Cardinals currently have on the roster.
It will be interesting to see how his role comes out, but none the less, welcome aboard Michael Wilson.